The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Friday, November 11, 2005

Randumb Ramblings 11.11.05

*The weather has been crazy this week. Tuesday I wore a tanktop and it was 83 degrees. Last night the low was 29…so today I wore a coat and sweater. CRAZY!!! Which…I don’t mind. I think I’d rather have this than constant HEAT or constant COLD.

*I heart the Today show. I want to be friends with Katie Couric. This week they have their annual “Where in the world is Matt Lauer”. Basically…Matt goes somewhere crazy 5 days in a row, and tells us about the culture, food, etc. For example, he went to Easter Island, The Panama Canal, Innsbruck Austria, Shanghai China and finally Dubrovnik Croatia. This is like broadcasting heaven for me. Being a broadcasting major…I always wanted to do the feel good stuff. I love all the consumer reports…travel stories…etc. that they do on the show. Who knows…maybe one day down the road…I will actually use my degree and go back into broadcasting.

*I am so excited to have my favorite Ugg Boots out of the back of the closet and wearing them again. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned…and so toasty warm for the winter!

*Whenever I think about my Sweet MaryBeth and a memory we had together…I am always happy the rest of the day! She just has that effect on people.

*Snack of the week: (Inspired by Glam Jo’s Boo Cups) Fat- free Sugar-free Cheesecake Pudding with broken graham crackers on the bottom and on top of it with a dollop of cool whip! YUM!!! Only like 2-3 points depending on how much crushed graham crackers you put on.

*This week on the OC (yes, I’m a huge fan) you feel so bad for Taylor (one of the antagonists of the show). You see a rare scene with her mother, where her mom goes off on her. Taylor is the new social chair of the ritzy private school. She plans a mandatory Saturday night lock in. In this scene…her mom is dropping stuff off for her at the school. Her mom says something like “Taylor, you are so pathetic that you plan a mandatory lock in because you are so lonely on Saturday nights. None of these kids want to be here. Maybe if you weren’t so high strung and chilled out a bit…people might actually want to hang out with you. And gosh, untuck your shirt…no wonder you don’t have any friends”. I was shocked that any mother would treat her child that way. It is a travesty to talk to your children that way. Not that I am anything close to an expert…but still. It’s just wrong. And up until this point…you are lead to hate Taylor. She appears to be a spoiled rotten brat who always gets her way. It was interesting to catch this rare glimpse. I don’t know why…but it totally bothered me.

*My stereo remote’s batteries are dead. They have been dead for over a week. It’s funny how it’s an inconvenience to have to get up and manually flip songs or push stop or play when you are so used to just pushing a button. No wonder our country is so lazy. I have on purpose not changed the batteries for some odd reason. Not that I think I am getting exercise by not using the remote…or not trying to buck the system. I don’t know how long it will last…but I’m going to try it for awhile.

*Last Saturday I ran 4 miles in 37 minutes! It was quite an accomplishment. I’m actually considering entering a 5K. I don’t know why, but I have this weird feeling that I would come in last place. That would be embarrassing. I guess it wouldn’t be bad if all of these people are psycho runners. I am thinking about a 5K on Thanksgiving Day, but I’m also thinking of doing a charity one…where I know people will be walking. Or maybe I should just do it and if I come in last place…I come in last place. We’ll see.

*Since my parents are coming for Thanksgiving…this weekend will be filled with lots of weeding and straightening. Then next weekend will be reserved for a deep house cleaning. Not the most fun thing in the world…but the house always feels so good after a deep cleanse!

*Being that it was my 2nd Anniversary yesterday, I am just reminded how blessed I am to be spending my life with my best friend. I am so lucky!

4 Comments:

  • At Friday, November 11, 2005 10:36:00 PM, Blogger mommy zabs said…

    i kinda miss that pschitzo weather :) I will be in it soon in ohio though! I have to be honest. I detest today show because katie couric and matt lauer totally drive me nuts... isn't that funny. I still think you are cool though :) There is just something about them that rubs me wrong. I love fox and friends in the morning. I think you should totally do a 5k and I don't think you will come in last! LOVE YOU!

     
  • At Monday, November 14, 2005 8:35:00 PM, Blogger andrea said…

    yes!!! the weather has been crazy here in atlanta, too... so stinkin warm. now, I'm a summer kind of girl but I'm ready for the crisp weather, ready for tights, for blazers, for sweaters. bring it on!

    I love the today show, too (and love the matt lauer segment!) but is it just me, or is that song just crazy? it's driving me crazy! and I'm singing it here: where in the world is...MATT LAUER? once I get it in my head, I can't get it out! and I love to drive ward crazy with it, too! I can't stop!

    great snack idea... I'm totally a points girl.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:07:00 AM, Blogger GJ said…

    I'm back on the points - so bring on the snack ideas!!!!!

     
  • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:35:00 AM, Blogger lulu said…

    Im ready for crisp fall weather too! This back and forth kinda drives me crazy--and I think it makes us more prone to illness and colds.

    That snack sounds great whether you are on points or not! Yum!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter