The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Friday, October 28, 2005

Randumb Ramblings 10.28.05

*Ever since the Yankees lost in the ALDS this year…I have had a picture of Alex Rodriguez hanging on my door.

A-Dog
(Photo from www.bostondirtdogs.com)

Being a Red Sox fan…I LOVE this picture…I think it’s HILARIOUS. The best part is his blue lips. Sorry Yankees fans…actually…I’m not sorry…YANKEES SUCK!

*Tomorrow Steve and I are going on a camping day trip. My parents have always belonged to a campground…and they have a site about an hour from our house. So we are going to go check it out…go on a hike…have a picnic…and enjoy October outside! I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!

*Last Saturday I ran 5 miles in less than 50 minutes. Okay…it was 49 minutes…but it was a huge accomplishment for me. My last two miles felt so good…and they were my quickest miles. I love running!

*For some reason…that I’m NOT complaining about…I have felt complete Joy today. I don’t really know why!?!?! But I have just felt like smiling all day. I feel full of life and just BLESSED!!! It’s like total Joy and certainty…amidst the uncertainty…if that makes ANY sense. Maybe I’m just so tired of being sad and uncertain God has blessed me with this feeling. For whatever reason…I like this feeling and hope it lasts.

*Boo Bunko was a blast! For pictures click http://www.flickr.com/photos/glamorousjo/sets/1216663/ here. (I still need to work on links...JoAnna showed me...but I must have forgotten!) I dressed up as an 80s Punk Rocker! Although, in all the pictures I had attitude…and not 1 normal smiling picture. Oh well…I guess I was in the moment. I just wished for once I could have remembered to be normal during the night as to not always look CRAZY!!!

*My gum of choice is Orbitz Cinnamint. I like the balance of the Cinnamon & Mint. I love the packaging…and I buy it in bulk at Costco! However…lately I’ve noticed that I don’t chew gum for as long as I used to. I used to chew the same piece for hours and hours when I was younger. Now I probably only keep the same piece for 1 hour…tops. I wonder why that is?!?!?

*My parents are coming here for Thanksgiving!! YAY!! Until this week, they figured they would be in California…and we were going to stay here. But now we will be TOGETHER! AND…they are going to look for houses. They still hope to put their house on the market not this weekend but next. We shall see…I surely hope that happens!

*We FINALLY bought tickets to Maine for Christmas! Ugh…it has been a chore. We weren’t finding anything less than $488 into Bangor. For example…last year we paid $305 for tickets. It has been ridiculous. We debated flying into Boston and taking the bus from there. But we found tickets into Portland, Maine which is about 2 hours from Bangor for $320. I’m just glad the tickets are bought…and I don’t have to worry about what we are going to do to get to Bangor anymore!

*Last weekend we took the filter off our pool to get ready for the winter. It was so discouraging to have never gotten the pool off the ground…especially since we spent hundreds of dollars trying. We are trying to decide if we are going to try again next year…or just take the pool out. Who knows!

*I am currently listening to Madonna’s Immaculate Collection. Ahhh…the memories! I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!! I guess when I decided to be an 80s punk rocker for Halloween…it inspired me to listen to all the songs I loved in the 80s.


1 Comments:

  • At Friday, October 28, 2005 8:02:00 PM, Blogger mommy zabs said…

    I was so a punk rocker in 4th grade and thought i was so cool. You looked so the part!!! Almost scared me :)

    I'm really glad you felt that joy!!!! I hope it continues for you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter