The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Friday, November 04, 2005

Randumb Ramblings 11.04.05

*Last Saturday Steve and I went on a camping day trip. My parents are members of this campground, and they have a site about an hour away from our house. So we went there for the day and hiked around the hills of Hohenwald, TN. It was pretty much a ghost town. I guess it’s more of a summertime place. Either way, it was on a lake and was really pretty. We then hiked around the Meriwether Lewis State Park…and kind of got lost. But we were able to back track our way back to the car. We had a fun picnic in the woods and enjoyed the beautiful October day!! Steve has never camped in a tent…isn’t that CRAZY!!?!? Whenever my parents move here…I am going to have to remedy that.

*I can’t stop listening to Imogen Heap’s new CD “Speak for Yourself”. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I guess you would classify it as electronic…but it is my favorite kind of music. I’m sure my co-workers are sick of hearing it. Sorry guys! But anyways, I highly recommend it!

*Steve and I bought our very first Ice Chest. We found it on clearance at Target…and it is an ESPN Cooler. Everytime you open the lid, it plays the Sportscenter theme music. I’m such a nerd…but it is SO AWESOME!!!

*I know this is lame…but I got excited when I heard about this new non-surgical nose job. I REALLY don’t like the bridge of my nose…and I swear…the older I get…the bigger it gets. One of these years I will make a great wicked witch. Anyways, I don’t know that I would actually ever get a nose job…but the thought of a non-surgical one…was appealing. Basically it’s this stuff that fills in your nose to look straight instead of crooked. So in all actuality…your nose gets bigger…even though the appearance may be smaller because it’s not as noticeable. Oh well…I knew it was too good to be true!

*Being a woman gives me the right to change my mind on things…but I feel like I change my mind on things ALL THE TIME. I annoy myself! This scares me when it comes to big decisions. Because once you make those…there’s no turning back.

*We watched “Crash” this week. WOW! One of the most emotionally moving movies I have ever seen! Stereotyping/Prejudices/Racist statements make my blood boil! When I first moved to Nashville, I immediately noticed so much of it out here. I never dealt with it out in California. At first when I moved here…it bothered me deeply…but then I had to come to realize some people just don’t know any better. It’s pure IGNORANCE. It doesn’t make it right…but that is what I had to tell myself to sleep at night. This movie just shows that we are ALL flawed…and we ALL deal with this no matter the color of our skin or our social status. It’s DEFINITELY NOT a movie for kids…but man it moved me!

*Snack of the week: Frozen Bananas dipped in a peanutbutter hard shell. I bought the hardshell stuff at the market next to the bananas and they were pretty good. It still doesn’t beat chocolate covered frozen bananas, but it was a good snack that can take the place of ice cream or cookies. They are only 1 point each!

*For as much as I love candles…I rarely burn them. I don’t know why this is. The only thing I can think of is I just simply forget to light them. But they just make any mood better. I am going to challenge myself to light at least 1 candle a night for the next week.

*I am on a vanity quest to have cut abs. Well cut everything. The 10 year reunion gets closer and closer as the days go by…and I want to look HOT! One of my favorite TV Shows is the Biggest Loser. IT is so motivating and inspiring. The trainer Jillian on there…is FABULOUS!!! But I’m sad that the show is going to be over the end of the month. I hope they come out with another one soon…because it provides extra motivation.

*When I was in high school…I told myself that I would do everything I could…to never break plans. It kind of saddens me when people blow other people off at the drop of a hat. I have been blown off by so many people in my life. I can’t tell you all the times I would be dressed up waiting for someone to come pick me up…or call and let me know where they were. And an hour later I would call them…with no answer. Of course this was before the days of everyone having a cell phone…so of course they wouldn’t be home. I experienced DEEP PAIN some of these nights. My poor parents had to witness me waiting by the window with phone in hand FOR HOURS…just knowing something had to have happened and they would be there at any minute to come get me. Most of these blow offs were from guys that I was interested in. So thanks to Kevin, Zach, Jeff, Brooks, Ryan, Matt, Rob, Phil, Eric, etc. (Those are only the ones I came up with off the top of my head) You have made me a better friend for sticking to my decision to not break plans with friends.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter