The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Friday, October 21, 2005

Randumb Ramblings 10.21.05

*As I write this…I know Cancun is getting HIT by Hurricane Wilma. I feel bad for the people there…and for the tourists. This is where we went on our honeymoon so Cancun will always be special to me. I can’t imagine being there for my honeymoon while a storm like this rips through.

*Okay…my husband has the cutest little quirks. One is…he is NEVER barefoot except when he sleeps at night…and in the shower. He has socks next to the bed…and will put them on if he has to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Then take them off when he gets back to bed. Isn’t that HILARIOUS…and ENDEARING!!!

*I love the wind. Today there has been a great breeze outside. I love walking outside and your hair just blowing away. I know it’s random…but I always feel like my hair looks better on windy days. Or maybe I like the way my hair looks on windy days!

*Even thought the World Series hasn’t started yet…my fall depression has begun. I don’t care about either of the teams playing in the World Series…so I am coming to grips with baseball being over for the year. No more asking Steve questions while we watch games…no more appreciating the skill that Mark Mulder brings to the game…no more crack of the bat…no more “Take me out to the ballgame”. Such a sad time of year!

*I hate weeding. I never fully understood the statement “growing like weeds” until I moved to the south. In California, weeds don’t grow that fast. Here…they do…and I know that even moreso now that I am a homeowner. I spend about 3 hours every other weekend pulling weeds. BLAH!!!! I need to do that sometime this weekend.

*Isn’t it bizarre how most people’s level of loudness GREATLY increases when they are on their cell phone. It’s even worse if the person has a loud voice to begin with. Just when you think they can’t talk louder…they do. And it’s always down a hall where it just ECHOES even LOUDER!!! Sometimes I find myself talking louder on a cell phone. It drives me crazy. But…you usually just can’t hear people as clear…therefore the need to INCREASE THE LEVEL OF YOUR VOICE automatically takes over.

*So I saw that Lindsay Lohan’s new single is entitled “Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)”. Why the heck doesn’t she just write him a note instead of sharing it with the WHOLE WORLD. I know I don’t want to hear about it.

*I hate it when your favorite band breaks up…and you come to the realization that you will NEVER AGAIN have new music from them. Chasing Furies are my ALL TIME favorite band. So sad…I only have 1 album from them. They broke up YEARS ago…and I still can’t get over this fact!

*There’s nothing like at the end of a rough day or week to just go to a Mexican restaurant and eat chips & salsa and have a yummy Marg! For real…just in that moment of time…all seems right with the world!

*I’m so jealous…my parents are meeting up with my brother and going camping this weekend. That is just what we did as a family growing up…camping! I wish I could be there and relive the memories! Can you believe that Steve has NEVER been camping! We need to fix this problem immediately!

*Today is my Aunt Mary's birthday! Feliz Cumpleanos!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter