The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Thursday, November 10, 2005

2 YEARS!!!

It has been 2 years since the best day of my life. Since I publicly committed myself to the man of my dreams…for the rest of my life on this earth. I know every girl says that her wedding day is perfect…and mine TRULY was. Ever since I went to school at Pepperdine, I knew exactly where in Malibu I wanted to get married. I was so worried the day before…because in LA…the land of Sunshine…it was rainy…gloomy…and GROSS. But alas…it was sunny and GORGEOUS. And you know what…even if it did rain…it would have still been spectacular!

Ceremony Announcement

And more importantly…I married my best friend. The guy that makes me laugh…loves me unconditionally…knows my crazy little (maybe I should say BIG) idiosyncrasies and still loves me. The guy that I fit perfectly in his arms, who brings me comfort, and is the most patient person. The guy that I want to be around every single second of the day. The guy I miss if we are apart for just a couple of hours. The talented Sarah McLachlan says it best in her song ‘Push’, “…all my troubles…all my fears DISSOLVE in your affection.” I couldn’t have said it any better. Actually the whole song resonates with me when it comes to you!

AJ&Steve on beach B&W

This past year has been incredible. I don’t know when the honeymoon will end. We have been so lucky…or should I say blessed…to have had the journey we have had so far. Thank you for always being a source of encouragement and support while I have had to deal with the other man in my life (My daddy) battle cancer. And we have bought a house! What a learning experience…and you are so wise! During the whole experience, I had a whole new level of respect for you. I admire you so much! It has been fun to make the house transform…to be our home. We managed to take some time out for fun. I was shocked when you surprised me by taking me to Destin for my Birthday! I couldn’t have asked for anything better! Our Chicago trip was a blast! My first U2 experience was everything you said it would be! I think Chicago is a city for us! Hopefully we will get there again soon. Our summer week in Maine/Boston was amazing. I am so blessed to have a new family that I love. And it has been so humbling to know how much your family and friends love me, because of how much they love you. Your mom is the best mother-in-law I could ask for. My love for her grows daily! And I can’t imagine my life not knowing the Libby family! I feel like they are family. Getting to know Sherry has been the biggest surprise in knowing you. I admire her, and look up to her. She is such a rare find in a friend, and I am blessed to have her friendship. Thank you for introducing all of your family and friends to me. And of course…I couldn’t NOT mention the Red Sox! It was so fun to get to go to a game this year in Boston. You have ignited my passion for baseball, and it has been so fun to fall in love with a new team. I didn’t think it was possible.

Walking on Beach B&W

I can’t wait to see what’s next in store for us. I know it will be a fantastic ride no matter what may come our way. I can’t wait to tell you that I am expecting your child. I can’t wait to see our family expand. I can’t wait to travel some more of the world with you. I can’t wait to grow old with you. Everything, as long as it’s with you…will be FABULOUS! I love you forever!!!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter