The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Friday, October 14, 2005

Randumb Ramblings 10.14.05

*I realized just how depressed and tired I am when the sun is not out. We didn’t see the sun in Nashville since last Thursday until this Wednesday. It wasn’t bad the first 3 days…but then I couldn’t take it anymore!! Bring on the sun!!!

*I don’t know what’s wrong with me lately…I’ve noticed the last 3 months…I’ve been REALLY MOODY…NOT around my period. I don’t know what it is…I can’t seem to find a real reason…but my fuse seems shorter than usual…and I find myself feeling off kilter so much more these days. Hopefully it’s just a phase…and hopefully my hormones aren’t out of whack! I just feel SO BAD for my husband. I’m sure he has no clue which mood is going to show up. Hot or cold…lovey dovey or standoff-ish…in a great mood or frustrated by everything. I’m at a place where I am getting really concerned for myself…and that freaks me out. I just want to know what’s going on!

*I grew up with a nanny. Her name is Mary. She is AWESOME! She is the cutest little thing. She is not even 5 feet tall. She is from El Salvador and moved here when my mom had my brother. She was only supposed to be here for 3 months while my mom got better. (My mom had a HORRIBLE time around her pregnancy that kept her in the hospital for a couple of months after my brother was born. I’ll have to share the miracle story sometime.) Well, Mary really liked it here, and when my mom got better she wanted to continue working. So Mary stayed and applied for residency. Then I was born. So I have known Mary my whole life. She only speaks Spanish…unless she HAS to speak English…then she will. I always thought this was funny. She likes speaking Spanish…so she does. She knows English…but just doesn’t speak it. She always spoke to me in Spanish…and I always spoke to her in English. I never call her my nanny because she’s so much more than that. She is really like an aunt. Anyways, she loves me like her own child. It is her birthday on the 21st, so today I wrote her a note in Spanish. I hadn’t written in Spanish in AGES. Usually I just write my note in English. But I decided that it would mean so much if I wrote her note in Spanish. And I did it all on my own, and remembered everything I needed to say. It felt really good to remember the Spanish I needed to know!

*Here is a list of States that I have not been to…but hope to go to soon!
-Vermont
-Conneticut
-Rhode Island
-Delaware
-Maryland
-Louisiana
-Iowa
-Minnesota
-Kansas
-Nebraska
-North Dakota
-South Dakota
-Montana
-Hawaii
-Alaska
Which means I have been to 35 states…that’s pretty AWESOME! Especially since prior to moving to Nashville 5 years ago…I had only been to 7 states. That’s 28 states I’ve been to in the last 5 years!!! WOW!

*My number 1 pet peeve is mouth noises. THEY MAKE MY SKIN CRAWL!!! For example…eating with your mouth open…the noise that is made when you are trying to suck something out of your teeth or pick your teeth…talking while eating…certain gum smacking…clearing your throat…trying to hock a lugi…sucking on a lollipop or popsicle…etc. I wish some of these things didn’t bug me…but they do! My very close 2nd pet peeve is people being late…or running late. Drives me batty!

*I took a personality test…I was 60% melancholy and 40% sanguine. That is fine…but they are pretty much complete opposites. WEIRD! I don’t really know what to think of it all. Maybe I have a split-personality…surely not…right?!?!?!? Who the heck knows…at this point…nothing would surprise me.

*My dream job is something that I can not tell anyone. Not even my husband. NO…IT’S NOT A STRIPPER!!! I just don’t have the guts to tell anyone…so DON’T ASK!!!

*I drink approximately 75 – 85 ounces of water a day…that’s A LOT of water…but my body has felt so good lately! I can now really tell a difference in my body when I don’t drink that much…it just feels so dehydrated and depleted if I don’t drink at least 60 ounces.

*Steve and I officially decided that we are going to go to Europe in April after GMA. We had talked about it…but now we have both committed to it, and are really excited. I think we have even selected the tour we are going to take. I am SO SO SO SO SO ANXIOUS!!! I’m excited for Steve to experience Europe…and hopefully he will fall in love with Italy so that we can move there one day! I’m sure that’s wishful thinking…but you never know. I can’t really see my sweet husband speaking Italian…but man it would make me melt if he even tried!!

*We just found out our gas bill is going to go up 65%. That is going to suck this winter. Considering that my cost of living raise was only 2%...it doesn’t even begin to make a dent in our increased utilities. Between gas for our cars…and our gas bill…we are spending roughly $130 - $150 more a month. My raise wasn’t even close to that a month! So basically I am making less than I was last year. I am so frustrated. And I know it’s just money…but you think that the more time that passes the more money you will have to spend on fun things. Instead…now I have less money to spend of fun stuff. I guess that means less clothes and never going to the movies just so I can fill up my car to get to work. Man that sounds like a good time.

*On a more positive note…it is PERFECT outside today. Sunny…gorgeous…breezy…in the 70s. What a great way to start the weekend! YAY!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter