The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Friday, October 07, 2005

Randumb Ramblings 10.7.05

*I am not a fan of reading and writing in large doses. I can handle reading a magazine...I can handle writing on a blog...but get me into reading literature...or writing press releases...NO THANKS!!! My mind is definitely much more math & science. I get more excited over charts and maps and graphs.

*This week I have had to deal with a sports depressed husband. Does anyone else deal with this?? And I think I am more than sensitive when it comes to this...because I am also passionate about sports...but it's one thing to be bummed after a game...but it's another thing to wake up depressed and think your world is going to come crashing down if the Red Sox don't make it to the next series in the playoffs. I'm ALL about the Red Sox. They make me happy...I get VERY upset when anyone trash talks them...but I don't get depressed about it if they don't win. At first I tried to be the soother...who tried to say something positive about the situation. That made it worse. So now I just listen to the rants...nod my head...and don't say a word. Hopefully it will work. And today might potentially be the last game the Red Sox play this year if they lose. Not that I would pray to God to help the Red Sox win...but man it would sure improve my evening/weekend!

*I took a long hiatus from Raumen noodles after college. We decided to get some a couple of months ago...and now we eat them a couple of nights a week. I had forgotten how good they are. And with gas prices soaring...a package of 15 cent noodles are very easy on the budget. Maybe just knowing how cheap they are makes them taste better. Who knows...but I'm glad the Raumen is back!

*I was born in a state I never lived in. My parents lived in Pomeroy, Washington when I was born. My dad was raised in Pomeroy, and my grandpa was a wheat farmer. So after my parents got married in California, they decided to move to Pomeroy. However, Pomeroy is so small that they don't have a major hospital. So I was born in Lewiston, ID which is about 45 minutes away. My grandma still lives in Pomeroy, however I have not been there in 8 years...so sad!

*I have a pretty specific eating routine at work going on. I am trying to eat smaller things throughout the day to keep my metabolism going. This is my current routine:
-9:00am - arrive at work and eat a banana
-11:00am - eat a Yoplait light Yogurt
-12:30pm - eat 12 small pretzel sticks...or 12 soy crisps
-1pm - leave for the gym
-2pm - eat a Lean Cuisine Meal or Smart Ones Meal
-4:30pm - eat some carrot chips or a granola bar
This totals about 10-12 weight watchers points depending on what meal I have. It's funny how my body will usually get hungry about 10 minutes before my next scheduled snack!

*I am pretty freaked out about this bird flu that everyone is talking about. I hope it's not as serious as everyone is saying it will be. I can't believe they are predicting it is going to kill 2 BILLION people! That's like 1 in every 6 people alive will DIE! I swear that when the first case in the United States happens, I am immediately going to the grocery store and buying canned & non-perishible foods to get me through at least 2-3 weeks. And if it even comes to Nashville...I am going to NEVER LEAVE MY HOUSE. I will work from home and kidnap Steve and make him work from home. And if I do have to go out...I will wear a mask & gloves. What freaks me out the most...is thinking about my dad. He is supposed to have a stem-cell regeneration in Seatte...supposedly sometime this winter. They will basically kill every white blood cell so his immune system will be shot. I can't think about his poor body trying to fight any small flu/cold/disease without an immune system...let alone something like this. And I can't imagine not being there with him if something did happen.

*Tivo has changed my life. I can't imagine life without Tivo. It is truly FABULOUS. I love that I can watch my favorite TV shows on my convenience. Or that I can start watching a show 20 minutes after it started...and just skip thru the commercials or catch up. It's like a 1 stop shop for Television! However...now I watch WAY MORE TV than I ever did.

*We got a digital camera this summer, and we still haven't loaded the software on the computer. I am challenging myself to do that this weekend, so that my blog can have more pictures for everyone's enjoyment. It's always cool to have a visual to go with the story. So hopefully next week...I can post a story with some pictures.

*HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter