The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Friday, September 16, 2005

Randumb Ramblings 9.16.05

*Happy Mexican Independence Day!! I never quite understood why everyone makes a bigger deal out of Cinco de Mayo, and I bet no one even knows that September 16th is Mexican Independence Day. I guess it’s because Cinco de Mayo had to do with the United States, and Mexican Independence Day didn’t. Either way…head to your nearest Mexican restaurant and eat lots of chips & salsa!

*Why is it that it is so easy to forget compliments that people give us…and we can’t do anything to forget all the negative comments?? I hate that! Sometimes when I read my blog…it sounds so sad and depressing. And yes…those are feelings I feel. But I don’t think to write about when I am happy and things are going good. I need to remember to do more of that.

*Rain is not my friend. Yesterday I got stuck in a torrential downpour…my skin was soppy wet…my hair frizzed up…my flip flops were mushy…YUCK! I was in a bad mood for a couple of hours. Yet…this morning while out exercising…it started to rain. I sprinted home. I just had to laugh and actually enjoyed it! I guess that’s because I knew that I was in workout clothes and sweaty and about to take a shower, to where yesterday I looked nice and it just kind of ruined it. It has been a long time since I have enjoyed the rain like I did this morning!

*I think it would be the coolest job to be the person who picks what music is played on a TV show. I was watching the special features on the OC DVDs, and they interviewed the lady that chooses all of their music. What a fun job! I just have NO CLUE how she got hooked up doing that.

*MONEY SUCKS…PERIOD!!!!

*Sometimes I just want to RUN AWAY. I know it’s not realistic…but sometimes I just want to go to a new place where no one knows me and just hide from everybody. It would probably only last for a day then I would want to come back, but sometimes I think about it. I don’t think I could actually do it, because I wouldn’t want my family and friends to worry. Maybe I just need to tell everyone that I’m going away for a weekend…do my own thing…promise I will call if I get into trouble…and just go. Then no one would contact the authorities.

*I have always been a day dreamer. I like to just dream about being on a beach somewhere, and everything around me is perfect. Lately, I have had these weird vision things. Like I will be driving somewhere…and I have this vision of me just driving off the road and dying. Stuff like that. Very morbid or scary. I have never experienced this in my life. I don’t know what it is.

*I haven’t shaved since October. Okay wait…let me tell you why before you get disgusted. I epilate. That sounds funny. Anyways, I use one of those devices that pulls the hair from the root. I LOVE IT!!!!! I WILL NEVER SHAVE AGAIN!

*My ultimate tech toy would be this cute little thing that was my cell phone, ipod, digital camera and mini DVD player all in 1. That would be nice! That’s not too much to ask right?!?!?! Then when I go on a trip I don’t have to have a bag full of random electronics.

*My mom thinks it’s a cute story to tell my friends that the first job I ever wanted (when I was like 3 years old) was to be a trash collector. How random is that…and GROSS!! I DO NOT recollect this at all!!! It was probably one of those moments to try and get a kid to say something funny for a laugh. Like someone probably said… "You want to be a trash collector when you grow up huh!?!?” And then as this kid not knowing any better I probably just nodded…and everyone probably laughed. But whatever…if I truly wanted to do that…then obviously I was already crazy at 3!!!

Until next week…

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter