The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Friday, September 30, 2005

Randumb Ramblings 9.30.05

*I love Sunflower seeds. They are a great snack. They help keep me awake when I am driving late at night. However they kind of make me feel like a man. There is no way to feel girlie while eating sunflower seeds. Oh well. As I see it…I’d like to be in some baseball dugout hanging out with the team spittin’ seeds with them.

*Downtown Chicago has to be one of the coolest places on this earth. I LOVE IT! I was so fortunate to have gone last week, and everything about it is wonderful. I know I have posted about big cities including Chicago before, but I just had to reiterate this thought. And man…I LOVE H&M!!!!

*This past Sunday was the first time there was a Tornado Warning that I wasn’t terrified. I think that’s a step in the right direction. It just didn’t seem scary because there wasn’t thunder and lightning. Just wind and rain. I guess it’s really the Thunder that terrifies me.

*I talked to my brother, and I think he’s having a hard time with the whole family not being together at Christmas. He called me to start planning where we would have Christmas…everyone together. I hated to tell him that I am on rotation now, and will be with Steve’s family for Christmas. Apparently next Christmas he is going to Europe with friends…then the next year I will be back at Steve’s family. So he let me know that it would be 4 Christmas’ until we would be together. Not to mention he wasn’t with us last year. Getting older is so complicated. Why can’t it be simple like it was when we were kids!

*What is it with guys and skinny girls. It drives me crazy when guys say that really skinny girls aren’t attractive. Then in the next breath say that Jennifer Aniston is the perfect woman. Don’t get me wrong…I think Jennifer is GORGEOUS. And man what I wouldn’t do to have her body myself. But she is SKINNY. TINY. She might be smaller than a size Zero. And yes…that is what I would want to look like. I guess it just drives me crazy that guys are hypocritical on this topic. They swear that skinny isn’t attractive to make us average women feel better…then oogle over the teeniest women. I don’t get it!

*Another thing I don’t get. Older guys that oogle over 18 year olds. What is up with that? How would 30 somethings relate to an 18 year old. In general I mean…I know there are the exceptions. But come on…they are only interested in looks at that point. I don’t know why it creeps me out that a 35 year old thinks Hillary Duff is Hot. And she is SO CUTE…and if a college guy made the same statement I would totally agree with him. But a 30-something?!?!?! Maybe in some weird way it makes me feel insecure about getting older, and not being 18 anymore. NOT THAT I WANT TO BE 18 AGAIN. I am just thankful that my husband is attracted to the likes of Sheryl Crow. I get that.

*Confession…I am a HUGE fan of Blue Bell Ice Cream. I DID NOT want to like it. I hate to offend anyone here…but every Texan I know RAVES about how Blue Bell is the BEST EVER…and it just got annoying. I wanted to hate it…but boy…it SURE IS GOOD!!! Kroger started carrying Blue Bell Ice Cream. So far we have tried Homemade Vanilla (the closest thing I have tasted to my dad’s homemade), Cookies Cookies Cookies (need I say more?!?!?), Neopolitan, Cookies & Cream, and Banana Pudding (Unbelievable)!!! I would like to eat a whole half-gallon IMMEDIATELY!

*My brother was evacuated at 3am on Wednesday night because of the LA fires. He said it was all like a weird dream when the police came on super loud speakers to tell everyone they had to evacuate. I can’t imagine waking up to that.

*Maps are my friend. I love maps. I love directions. It’s weird…it’s just in my brain. I wish I would have taken a geography course in college. I would have gotten an A+, and would have soaked it up. I have a map of the US in my office. It is in front of my desk. I find myself staring at it often. Weird…I know!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter