The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Monday, October 10, 2005

Confused

What would you do if there were someone in your life that you had this overwhelming feeling that you needed to talk to them about something...but that something is very sticky?? Especially when it involves their relationship with someone else?!? I have someone in my life...and they have been heavy on my heart...and I feel like I need to say something. Except...I can't imagine this person being mad at me...or them wanting to have nothing to do with me. And I know that's the worst case scenario...but I don't know if the confrontation is worth not having them be a part of my life anymore. I rarely have this feeling. I'm usually not the person that confronts...or will call a person out on something. I am usually the supporter and listening ear. Yet in this situation, I feel like I need to say something...but I don't know if it's God telling me to do so...or if I'm just being selfish. This other person isn't necessarily being destructive to my friend...but they are influencing my friend...and my friend has just "changed" since this other person has been in their life. My heart is so burdened...and I am so sad. I just don't know what to do. Any advice??

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, October 10, 2005 12:06:00 PM, Blogger GJ said…

    No idea...
    If it's a destructive situation - I would say talk to them. But since you said it's not....yeah, no idea. That's tough. It's hard (for me at least) to distinguish between God's voice and my own desires.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 11, 2005 4:48:00 PM, Blogger meridith said…

    this is a hard one. i definitely believe it take a true friend to speak the truth in love but it's alot easier said than done. i would says pray alot before saying anything. also i think alot of it depends on how you bring things up and in what tone of voice, how you approach it. maybe pray that if you are supposed to talk to them you will have a good opportunity. sometimes when i feel a burden like this i the best thing to do is pray for them and wait for a good opportunity, sometime it comes and sometimes i just needed to be praying for them. i don't know! this is a hard one.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:08:00 PM, Blogger mommy zabs said…

    If you really think someone is changing I thing you probably should very gently say something? Esp. if you are so burdened. Or pray for God to take the burden away if you are not suppose to. AJ, I can't imagine someone taking something bad from you... but at the same time some people have a real hard time with that stuff... but in the long run you want to do what is best for your friend regardless of the consequense.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter