The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Watch out for the Popsicles!

I love popsicles! Always have. At any given time (well at least the spring thru fall here in TN) you can find popsicles in my freezer. Growing up my favorites were Big Sticks, Push Ups, & Mexican Popsicles. We just bought some new popsicles this past weekend. They are Rootbeer Float popsicles. The outside shell is rootbeer flavored, and the inside is vanilla ice cream. I LOVE ROOTBEER FLOATS. Especially Rootbeer blended floats from Sonic! YUM! I was VERY excited to try these new popsicles. So last night as my after dinner treat I got a popsicle. I couldn't wait for the first lick. My lips hit the end of the popsicle...and got stuck. STUCK...STUCK! All of a sudden I remember poor old Finn from The Christmas Story that got his tongue stuck to the flagpole in the winter. I kept saying my lips are stuck to Steve and he just carried on like nothing was going on. It wasn't a big deal, so I didn't make a scene...but I did think it was funny Steve didn't do anything. So I start trying to get saliva to go between the popsicle and my lips. After about 30 seconds the bottom lip was released. I tried to run my tongue around where my upper lip was stuck. No luck. Tried to get saliva around it. No luck. Finally I took a deep breath and pulled. OUCH! There was a hunk of skin on the popsicle. I showed Steve, he couldn't believe it. I asked him why he didn't even flinch when I told him my lips were stuck. I don't even remember what he said...it was either he didn't understand what I was saying, or he thought I was joking. Okay...I have probably eaten THOUSANDS of popsicles in my lifetime...and not once has my lips stuck to the popsicle. LET ALONE IT TAKE A HUNK OF MY SKIN!!! WHAT HAPPENED? I don't want to not eat popsicles, but I don't want hunks of skin from my lips to always get stuck to them. Once I removed the skin (there was also a small chunk on the bottom of the popsicle where my bottom lip was) I thoroughly enjoyed the popsicle. It was everything I thought it would be. I probably could have eaten 5 more! I don't know what happened...I guess I just try again and hope my lips don't get stuck. So beware for the popsicles!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter