The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Mini Robin Eggs Obsession and other Easter Goodies

Okay...so this will probably be a little oxymoronic especially considering my last post. But maybe it will help you understand the complexity of my eating struggles. If there's one time of the year I really look forward to...it's EASTER!!! I love EVERYTHING about it. I love the significance...and my redemption because of it. I love thinking back on Easter's in my childhood. I feel like my parents did a good balance of spiritual significance and fun. We ALWAYS went to sunrise service...which meant getting up at like 4am. It always started the day off right...even though I was FREEZING in my new Easter dress next to the lake at 5am. But when we got home there was always an Easter basket waiting for us. Mine usually consisted of a white chocolate bunny, mini robin eggs, cadbury mini-eggs, peeps and much more. And that wasn't counting ALL the candy in the plastic eggs we would hunt for after our regular church service. Then the turkey and stuffing...and YUM!!!!!!!! But what makes me SO HAPPY is EASTER CANDY!!!! I don't get excited about much candy but forget it...Easter Candy is like on a whole other level. Especially Mini-Robin Eggs. Why don't they offer them year round? I mean I guess they are a spin-off from Whoppers...but Mini-Robin Eggs are SO MUCH BETTER. So this year, I have been working really hard about being healthy. I ususally give up something for lent...because I know that lent leads to EASTER (and A LOT of candy). So I try to lose a little weight before to compensate. This year I gave up A LOT. Sweets, deep fat fried foods and caffeine to be exact. This meant, no dessert on Valentines Day. This meant no cookies on St. Patrick's Day. This meant not 1 french fry or 1 chip. But I knew if I made it...the end result would be EASTER CANDY!! And I never slip at Lent. It's like the one time I NEVER cheat. I mean, I can't cheat on God. He sees my EVERY move. But I am obsessed with mini-robin eggs. I bought a bag THE DAY AFTER VALENTINE'S DAY when they rolled out the Easter Candy. You can never be too careful, what if they didn't make enough mini-robin eggs this year. I couldn't risk not having any for Easter. My husband is a sweet-a-holic. He LOVES chocolate and anything sweet. He loves Easter candy as well. He decided he wasn't going to eat sweets either. So last week (week before Easter) we went BIG TIME shopping for Easter Candy. I think we bought out the store. It's probably NOT a good idea to shop for Easter Candy when you haven't eaten sweets in 5 weeks! We bought...Snickers Eggs, Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, Cadbury Mini-Eggs, a Cookies 'n Cream Bunny (a departure from the White Chocolate Bunny...but I like to try new Easter Candy), M'Azing Snacksize Easter Candy, Marshmallow bunnies & chicks, Dulce de Leche Kisses, etc. That's right...I said etc. That's because I can't even remember everything we bought. That's because I had to hide it. I am fine to look at it...it seems to be more motivation for me, but with Steve, he said, can you please hide it! Ha ha ha...he's too funny. His will-power isn't the best. We are actually stopping at Good Friday instead of Easter because Steve's mom is in town and we want to eat yummy stuff with her before she leaves on Easter. So today (the day before Good Friday) I went to The Puffy Muffin to get some cookies for Daniel from EMI because he made the impossible happen and I promised him cookies if he did indeed make it happen. I had never entered The Puffy Muffin, so I didn't know what was in store for me. THEY HAD FUN DECORATED EASTER COOKIES. I mean, I know I have like 20 pounds of Easter Candy, but a dozen Easter cookies couldn't hurt...right?!?!? Okay...so there are going to be 3 of us. How the heck are we going to eat all of these sweets??? I'm sure we'll manage. But...since I have been super psycho about my weight lately, it will be interesting to see how much I actually eat. Will I forget about my weight for 3 days, or feel guilty? At this moment, I will take the guilt as long as that means getting those MINI-ROBIN EGGS IN MY BELLY!!!! HAPPY EASTER TO ME!!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter