The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Afraid of Me

First I have to start by saying...I am not a fan of reading and writing. Those that know me...already know this. So I don't really know why I am starting a BLOG! I guess it's because I have been very complacent in life. I want that to change. So that means getting out of my comfort zone. Letting my guard down...which I HATE. I'm afraid to let people see the real me. Even my friends. With ALL of my friends I edit what I share with them. Isn't that wrong?!?! With friend X I don't talk about my faith...with friend Y I never talk about my self-image. With friend Z I don't talk about my dreams. WHY IS THAT?? I don't even know. Because I guess I'm afraid of what they will say. Shallow...I know. I'm complacent with shallow friendships. I don't want to hear what they will say. I'm afraid of what they will think about me. I always wonder what they say behind my back...I know they all talk about me. And that's fine. That's life. I'm a great listener...I love to listen. Listening to others problems make me feel more normal. Being a listener makes me forget about me. I'm afraid of me. I'm afraid of hurting people. But I'm tired of being fake. I NEED this outlet. So I apologize to ALL of my friends for not sharing ALL of me. I apologize for what you might find out about me from this website...that I was afraid to tell you in person. I do love you all. I just can't trust. I guess that's because I don't like me...so why would anyone else. I'll just continue to be afraid...wishing I was something else.

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, March 22, 2005 10:31:00 AM, Blogger AJ Fabulous said…

    Thanks for your comments mznaive. I was shocked to see someone had commented...I haven't told a soul about this. Weird...I guess that's the web though. Good Luck in your quest...it's nice to know I'm not the only one searching.

     
  • At Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:17:00 PM, Blogger mommy zabs said…

    AJ I love you.
    So much.
    You are such an incredible person. Not because I have mostly seen the good sides of you. But because you just are. I find you to be real. Even if you have hidden sides of yourself. I do that at times too, even though at other times I probalby reveal too much :) I love your heart. I can't wait to see your dreams realized- even if i don't know them all! I hope and pray some day god will move you to Orlando :) Thanks for starting a blog. let me know if I can link to you or not.

    Love,
    Elizabeth

     
  • At Tuesday, March 22, 2005 2:38:00 PM, Blogger GJ said…

    I'm not afraid of you....
    I think the coolest part about revealing who we really are - all those parts we are terrified for anyone to know - are the very things that bring us closer to each other as friends. I can't wait to see what it is you have to say - because I love you and I think you are an amazing gift to me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter