The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Not Alone

So I have been going thru this soul searching time while I am trying to make over my soul. Yesterday on my way to work…I found myself confused about life (an every day occurrence)…and I’m trying to figure out me. Figure out what will make me happy. What will cleanse my soul. All I could think about was Jesus. And HOW BAD I wanted to see Him and hug Him and talk to Him and have Him talk back to me. It was such a real feeling. Usually I am satisfied with knowing He is there and that He is ALWAYS listening to me and my heart. But yesterday I wanted Him to be seated next to me during my car ride. I wanted to interact with Him…and look at Him…and I wanted Him to tell me what I feel like I NEED to hear. Because He is the only person that truly knows me…Lord knows I can’t figure myself out. He doesn’t have to waste time getting to know me. There is no one else that knows me the way He does. And even though I was frustrated that I can’t physically see Him…it also warmed my heart having that feeling of longing for Him that I desire a lot of the time. It was true and pure. It made me feel like it was a step in the right direction. A lot of times I just want to talk to Steve or MaryBeth or my Dad or whoever…but this time the only person I wanted to talk to was Jesus. No one else will do. I guess I will just need to listen and trust that I will hear Him.

6 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 6:32:00 PM, Blogger mommy zabs said…

    THat is so awesome AJ, i love having that feeling when I have it. I know God takes so much joy in it... i can tell you that even more now as a parent. When Owen just wants and needs to be near his mom I can't even tell you what it does to my heart. I can't imagine what It does to God's. :):):):)

     
  • At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:09:00 AM, Blogger GJ said…

    Sometimes that's the hardest thing - listening for His voice. At least for me....

     
  • At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:41:00 AM, Blogger meridith said…

    this is good stuff aj. i know so much what you mean. i just want him to be here, right here with me in the flesh and tell me in an audible voice that things are going to be ok.

     
  • At Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Dorry said…

    I just happened upon your blog very inspiring. I am glad someone else loves pop culture and Jesus!

     
  • At Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:08:00 PM, Blogger andrea said…

    I know just what you mean, I have been in this particular place so many times. you just want to sit and talk with jesus, to really touch him and see him, look him in the face.

    thanks so much for sharing this.

     
  • At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 3:56:00 PM, Blogger saraiwithani said…

    AJ, you are so precious! To know that I have a friend who has the greatest of desires like that is amazing. And if I feel that way about it, I am sure that God is THRILLED knowing that you long for Him like that! (I miss you, muchly!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter