The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Monday, January 02, 2006

Makeover

I am in dire need of a makeover. Not the kind you are thinking. Not the kind where you get your hair cut and colored, fun make-up and a new outfit and say “Ta-Da”! Even though that would be fun, and I wouldn’t turn it down. But I want a different kind of make over. The kind that makes over your soul. The problem is…I don’t really know what I need to do for that kind of makeover. Alone time out in the middle of no where with some paper and a handful of my colored sharpie’s sounds good. Or a couple of hours in a gymnastics gymnasium sounds good too. I think I need a change in life. A change in my routine. The problem is I like my routine. I don’t really want to change it…but then I will just continue where I am. I feel like I’m in a rut and just going through the motions. And I want to grow and change and live life more fully. Breathe in fresh air and twirl in the middle of a field of flowers. (Did I just write that OUT LOUD!) My mind wanders that way almost every day…then I snap back to reality. I just want to have some joy and fun in my life. And I do…I’m not complaining…I have a great life…I just need a change. But what’s stopping me from doing something new?!?! I don’t mean quit my job and move to a different country or anything like that. (Even though I like that option and would do it in a heartbeat…it’s just not realistic.) It could be as simple as joining a dance class…or volunteering somewhere…or setting aside 4 hours every Saturday for alone time. But that just takes time. Time that will take me away from my FABULOUS husband that I wish I could spend MORE time with. Dang work! But maybe that’s what needs to happen. I need to be happy with me so that I can make my husband happy. My New Year’s Resolution is to focus on the Positive. I used to be this way. But that girl has slowly gone away over the years. But I know she’s in there…and I want her back. So I need to do something for me…that edifies me…that makes me happy. I just hope it works. You guys have any ideas??

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, January 02, 2006 2:37:00 PM, Blogger nicole said…

    i know this will sound very "california" of me... but i do yoga for an hour each day (half hour in the morning and half hour at night) and it's very relaxing.
    but i understand the want to add change. maybe start out with doing something once a month for a few hours (volunteering, etc.) so you don't take too much time away from the norm and slowly work it into your schedule to do it more often after a few months?
    :)

     
  • At Monday, January 02, 2006 7:09:00 PM, Blogger mommy zabs said…

    i think if you "seek you will find" If you are really asking god for something that will make over your soul he will provide it. The volunteering once a month may be good. I know for me that when I'm not doing something in ministry through church or whatever I feel lacking, or not plugged into bible study where I'm really getting real with people and everything I feel lacking.... and that is stuff you could totally do with steve.... You may be doing all that stuff already? but maybe that is the part of you that is longing for something deeper?

     
  • At Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:04:00 PM, Blogger andrea said…

    you could try: writing a ton of stuff down on paper... things that you've always wanted to try, things you've always wanted to learn how to do, anything that interests you... kind of free flow, stream of consciousness-like. then wait a while (like a couple of hours, or a day or even a week) and then re-read what you wrote. circle what really and truly jumps out at you. even if it's just one thing, it may be just the push you need to switch things up!

    I dunno. just some thoughts. keep me posted! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter