The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Friday, December 16, 2005

Randumb Ramblings 12.16.05

Randumb Ramblings is BACK! Last Friday I was at an R&R Summit...so I skipped a week. Without further ado...on to the randumbness!

*I went to St. Louis on Wednesday and saw U2. It was amazing! Although…I’m not a huge fan of the general admission thing. My legs were so tired from standing the whole time…and it was hard to see over some people. But it was a great experience none the less! And…I was able to hit the FABULOUS H&M while I was there. Merry Christmas to me!!!

*Christmas parties are so fun! I love the opportunity to dress up. Not that I REALLY dress up…but just fun makeup, earrings (which I NEVER wear…Steve even commented today…I don’t think I have ever seen you wear earrings 2 days in a row…yes people I’m even shocking myself!), and a nice pant outfit. Not to mention everyone is so nice around the holidays…it’s just BLISS!!!

*1 week from today I will be boarding a plane for Bangor, Maine in hopes of a White Christmas. I had been saying my 1st White Christmas…but then I remember some White Christmases when I was really young up in Washington. I’m hoping to engage in some snow activities with my nephews and niece!!

*Snack of the Week: Cheryl & Company cookies!!!!! These are my favorite kind of their cookies. Radio U always sends us Cheryl & Company cookies…and they are SO GOOD. Especially the ones with frosting on top. Okay so I don’t know how many Weight Watchers points they are…probably NOT GOOD…but it’s CHRISTMAS!!!!!! We all have to live a little…right?!?! :)

*I have no clue what my favorite Christmas song is??? My friend James makes a holiday playlist every year for his son, and I was listening to one the other day, and it has Louis Armstrong reading “Twas the night before Christmas”. I LOVE listening to Louis. His voice is so deep and raspy and rich. My favorite part is when he says that Santa’s Belly is like a bowlful of Jelly…then Louis laughs. It’s such a genuine laugh…and it makes me laugh every time! I don’t know why, but I could listen to him read the story over and over again!

*Random AJ Fact: The only person I have ever felt Rage towards is my older brother. (You know…older brothers just know how to get under your skin.) Being that I was younger and smaller…I had to think of creative ways to inflict pain on him. For example…when I was 5 years old I bit him in the leg SO HARD that my 2 front teeth came out and were stuck IN…HIS…LEG. Now that’s RAGE!!!

*Tonight one of my clients is taking a bunch of people to the Clay Aiken Christmas Special at the Gaylord Entertainment Center. Shhhh…don’t tell anyone…but I’m really excited to go!!! I was a fan of Clay when he was on American Idol…and come on…it’s CHRISTMAS MUSIC!! Being in the Music Industry…everyone’s typically too cool for school. So people that are going are like too cool for Clay Aiken. I don’t really care if everyone thinks I’m the Queen of the UNCOOL…I think it’s going to be such a fun evening!

*I made Christmas cards this year for the first time. They are not nearly as fun and crafty as Joy’s…or the rest of you that are SUPER creative. But I was pretty proud of them. Maybe I will take a picture and post it if I get the nerve.

*Confession…speaking of posting pictures…several weeks ago I gave myself the goal of figuring out our new digital camera and putting the pictures on the computer…so that others could view them…or that I could post some…instead of them just resting inside that little camera. Well…I STILL haven’t done it. THIS WEEKEND…maybe?!?!?! Maybe by putting the ‘maybe’ in there…won’t make me feel bad if I don’t get it done…therefore not stressing me out about it…then I might actually do it. One of these days…it…WILL…HAPPEN!!!

*I have notices that I have been saying “Shock-a-lock” when I get upset or frustrated. NO clue where it came from. I kind of wish it would go away…because it isn’t cool in any way shape or form. Just another bullet point for me to put on the “Reasons why AJ isn’t cool” List.

5 Comments:

  • At Monday, December 19, 2005 7:35:00 AM, Blogger GJ said…

    Oh Clay.....what happened?

     
  • At Monday, December 19, 2005 8:48:00 AM, Blogger mommy zabs said…

    OH MY! Cheryl and CO is from here! I was just telling Jeff how amazing their cut out cookies are (the ones with icing) and was just about to send some off to releatives :) You can get them from their website. In the spirit of "gifts I wish I could afford to give" I pretend give you their cookie of the month club so you could get cheryl cookies every month :)

     
  • At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:07:00 AM, Blogger andrea said…

    just got a email from best friend (who lives in st. louis)... she was at the U2 concert too! I may be in st.louis over the christmas break (my family is from southern illinois which is two hours away) and I am SO looking forward to hitting up H&M.

     
  • At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 8:37:00 AM, Blogger nicole said…

    i will join the club of "fans of clay aiken." i even own his first cd (it is amazing!)
    i still think he should have won american idol that year...

     
  • At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Karina Bissinger said…

    WHAT?! Why isn't everybody talking about the front teeth in the leg. i am sure the cookies are good and wahoo Clay. Did you see what AJ wrote: teeth stuck in leg!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter