The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Happier Times

Newlyweds

I was so saddened by the news that Nick & Jessica have indeed called it quits. I stayed optimistic throughout all of the media hoopla. I chose not to believe it. Back in the day when Britney Spears & Christina Aguilera came out...I was a fan of the underdog Jessica Simpson. I had read about her background in the church and was just rooting for her. No one really seemed to notice her in the midst of Britney and Christina. But I did. I always thought she was the most stunning of the three. Anyways, I was excited when her Newlywed fame came along just because I had been a fan, and wanted to see her succeed. Randomly, Steve and I ran into Nick & Jess at the airport in LA 2 days before our wedding (Did you like how I made it sounds like we are friends!?!?!?). Anyways, I thought it was rather ironic that 2 days before our wedding we run into America's favorite Newlyweds. So...I did what I said I would never do...I went up to Jessica and asked if we could take a picture with them. She was SO NICE. Asked where we were from...asked about our wedding...seemed excited when she told Nick we were getting married. They were very nice and wished us all the best in our upcoming marriage. Maybe I should have wished them the same. They just seemed like the most fun couple. I know they have done things that I don't necessarily approve of, and most of it I hope if just rumors, but I hope somewhere in there Jessica will remember her roots. I truly hope it wasn't her dad that was the cause of the failed marriage. Anyways...I have just been sad for them. I hope they both will find happiness again, and hopefully next time their relationships won't be so publicized (Although I would still want to know everything about it).

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:15:00 PM, Blogger mommy zabs said…

    Man, lots of people are posting on this. I didn't realize as many people were sad like me about this. I really wasn't a fan of them until newlyweds... then i was a bit concerned for them.... but really hoped they would make it. How heartbreaking. I don't know if you read me saying this on Joannas blog, but do you know you are like the spitting image of the girl nick supposedly cheated with!!! CRAZY!

     
  • At Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:56:00 AM, Blogger GJ said…

    Devastating......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter