The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Friday, February 10, 2006

Randumb Ramblings 2.10.06

*Ever since I have moved into our 1st house, I am always a little uncomfortable when Steve is gone. It takes me FOREVER to fall asleep. In our apartment I never thought about it because there were so many people around…and surely the person above me would have heard if I screamed bloody murder. This week I decided to close our bedroom door and lock it. I think it worked because I haven’t had a problem falling asleep.

*I know for a FACT that I’ve cried more this week than the last 6 years combined.

*Wellness Tip: Living a sedentary lifestyle (not active) does as much damage to your body as smoking a pack and a half of cigarettes a day! That’s something to think about!

*Tonight it is supposed to snow 2-4 inches. I LOVE THE SNOW. BUT. I’m not made to live in the snow. What can I say…I’m from California, and I am the driver they are talking about that doesn’t know what the heck to do! I love to watch the snow fall outside my window…I love to go skiing…I love to go sledding and get into massive snow ball fights…but I hate driving in it! I’m all about visiting the snow…but not living in it. Especially living in a town that is ill-prepared for it. This weekend should be an adventure for sure!

*Steve gets back tomorrow after being gone since Monday morning. I can’t wait for his return. COME HOME BABY!

*I heart the Olympics! I must admit…that I prefer the Summer Olympics over the Winter Olympics…but none-the-less…I am very excited for tonight’s Opening Ceremonies! When I was a kid, I wanted to go to the Olympics someday. I still haven’t given up on that dream…but I better decide what sport I will go in soon…because I’m not getting any younger.

*Random AJ Fact: With the exception of 1 Sanger High School Dance, I always asked my date. If I wouldn’t have done the asking…I would NEVER have gone to any dances because no one asked me out. Everyone said they were intimidated by me. WHATEVER. The one time I did get asked…it was my senior year Winter Formal. I was Student Body President, and I must admit…I…WENT…WITH…A…FRESHMAN! But…I figured…he had the guts to ask…so I was going to say yes. And yes…I had to drive because he was 14! But…it wasn’t all that bad. All the freshman girls hated me because the most popular freshman football player was the one who did the asking. Gosh…it was such a status thing back then. So funny! But man…I felt like I was robbing the cradle!

*I found out AGAIN this week that I have trust issues. One of my friends broke my trust. It hurt. And there was a good explanation, and all is fine now, but it was like a step backwards. I am freaked out to share things with anyone. Sometimes I feel like I’m living a life full of secrets.

*Snack of the week: Apples with either Fat-Free Caramel Dip or Peanut Butter. The points are different for the caramel dip, as opposed to the peanut butter. I don’t know the points for sure…so I’m just not going to include them. But it is a good for you snack as long as you don’t LOAD UP on the caramel or peanut butter. YUMMY!

*I did 2 things for the first time ever this week. 1 – I cried in the shower. 2 – I gave a big hug to Steve’s clothes in our closet. They both happened within 10 minutes of each other.

5 Comments:

  • At Friday, February 10, 2006 6:13:00 PM, Blogger mommy zabs said…

    are you pregnant?
    i love you.
    crying feels good sometimes.
    i'm sorry you feel hurt in the area of trust ;(

     
  • At Friday, February 10, 2006 11:13:00 PM, Blogger andrea said…

    wow, you had a big week... lots of ups and downs. crying in the shower can be really good...

     
  • At Monday, February 13, 2006 10:30:00 AM, Blogger lulu said…

    so funny about the crying in the shower! I do that all the time (tears wash away easily, no one knows you are crying because it is so noisy in there. very cathartic.)

    I would have loved to have been in an office with a friend--you two will have much fun!

    ps, so funny about the Pomeroy thing! very few people out here have been to washington, let alone lived there. where in California are you from?

     
  • At Monday, February 13, 2006 3:53:00 PM, Blogger AJ Fabulous said…

    Zabs - No...not pregnant!

    Lulu - I grew up in Sanger which is right outside of Fresno. I lived there from age 3 until I went to Pepperdine for College. I lived in LA for 4 years during school, then moved out here to Nashville. We would drive up to Pomeroy about twice a year while I was growing up. When we drove up, we would always stop in Walla Walla! Good Memories!

     
  • At Monday, February 13, 2006 5:42:00 PM, Blogger saraiwithani said…

    Awww, sweet AJ. I am so sad that you are having sad times. Hopefully, Steve made it home safely and your week has been better since then! Love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter