The Inevitable Quest...

A place for me to be me...while searching for who I want to be

Friday, January 27, 2006

Randumb Ramblings 1.27.06

*I’ve never minded moving. It usually means on to brighter things. But this is the first time I have had to move with work. I am finding out why some people don’t like to move. Although…we are moving from an office building to a house…it could be a really cool environment. It will be an adjustment though…I have had my own office for almost 4 years…and I will now be in a room with 2 other people. The good news is one of those people is GLAM JO! We could get into some trouble!

*Snack of the week: No Sugar Added Blue Bell Ice Cream. IT IS SO GOOD!!! And depending on which kind you get…it is 2-3 points per ½ cup. The real deal is more like 5-6 points per ½ cup.

*In 10 weeks I will be in EUROPE!!! I can’t wait. I am so like a kid counting down to Christmas. This will be Steve’s first trip to Europe, and I am looking forward to saying hello to the piece of my heart that resides in Florence. Just for a moment, I will feel complete! Some of the highlights of the trip will include, London, The Rhine Valley in Germany, Lake Lucerne in Switzerland, Florence, Rome, Venice, The Amalfi Coast, The French Riviera and Paris!!!

*Random AJ Fact: I like long “F” words. Like Fabulous, Facetious, Finicky, Façade, Feasible, Fascination, Ferocious, Fashionista, Fiasco, etc. I just like the way they sound in my head when I say them. And I appreciate when other people use long F words…my instant reaction is I raise my eyebrows and just say “ahhhh”. It’s silly…I know!

*After much resistance…I finally have a myspace page. I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!! I’m really not into it. But my boss wanted me to subscribe to all of our bands blogs…so alas…I am on myspace. I can’t believe I had to give in to “The Man”!!!!

*Wellness Tip: It is better to have an unhealthy diet and exercise regularly, than a well balanced diet and a sedentary lifestyle. That’s how good exercising is for you!!! Obviously…it is best to have a well balanced diet and exercise regularly.

*I found it ironic this morning on the news…the weatherman said…”it looks like it’s going to be a beautiful weekend…but maybe a little soggy”. Then he talked about how it was going to rain both Saturday and Sunday?!?!?!? In my mind…most Meteorologists say that it would be a nasty weekend…or an indoor weekend…but not say BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND with that influction in his voice if it was going to rain all weekend. I guess I am bummed because he got my hopes up for a split second!

*I watched Skeleton Key recently. It was CREEPY!!!! Up until I watched that movie…I always thought it would be cool to live in an old plantation house. NOT ANYMORE. I feel like stuff like that really exists if you mess with it. I don’t know…it kind of freaked me out. Did anyone else see it…and what did you think?

*Speaking of Movies…Steve and I are suckers for Sports Movies. We currently have been cutting back on going out to the movies because we are trying to save money for Europe. However, we HAD to go watch Glory Road. We had been looking forward to it for awhile. It was SO GOOD. Man it sparked things in me. It deals with race back in the 60’s and how that affected college basketball in particular. It makes me happy to know how far we have come in 40 years…and it makes me really sad how people were discriminated against back in the day. Just AWFUL. But I would highly recommend the movie!

*So we have this new band “Until June”, and they are SO AWESOME!!!! It is working with bands like this that makes me LOVE MY JOB!!! I can’t wait to release a radio single for them. You can check them out Here and Here. The music on these sites are just demos. We have some of the new music...and man...it is SO GOOD!

5 Comments:

  • At Friday, January 27, 2006 8:37:00 PM, Blogger meridith said…

    good stuff here!
    i love sugar free ice cream,,,,,breyer's sugar free ice cream bars are yummy!

    i want to freaking go to europe!!!

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 7:32:00 AM, Blogger mommy zabs said…

    - whose house? sounds kinda fun, a change of pace, i know you have been wanting change

    - how about fantastic?

    - hey you could be a "suit"

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 4:44:00 PM, Blogger GJ said…

    I looked for Sugar Free Blue Bell and they didn't have it - but I will keep looking! And I think you are ferociously fabulous.

    P.S. Healthy Choice Rocky Road is 3 points for 1/2 cup. YUM.

     
  • At Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:05:00 PM, Blogger nicole said…

    found you on myspace! :)

     
  • At Monday, January 30, 2006 1:38:00 PM, Blogger andrea said…

    what!? ten weeks until you leave for europe!?!? that sounds so fantastic that I could almost cry (tears of joy, I promise). you must observe a moment of silence in my honor while you roam the streets of florence... :) and you'll have to tell me all about the amalfi coast! that's at the top of my list of places to go in this here world... I hear it's supposed to be GORGEOUS. and paris too? would love to see paris. did you visit rome or venice while you were in florence last? oh, you are going to have such an amzing time. can't wait to hear all about it! oh, to travel...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter